Appointment to the post of Managing Director, AFC India Ltd.
AFC India Ltd. (formerly Agricultural Finance Corporation Ltd.) is a National level premier multi-disciplinary development organization providing consulting, policy advocacy and implementation support for agriculture, rural development and other strategic socio-economic domains in India. Established way back in the year 1968, AFC is wholly owned by NABARD, Commercial Banks and EXIM Bank. AFC is a deemed Government organization and its accounts are audited by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG).
AFC has also set up AFC Foundation under the Indian Trust Act, 1882 as a non-profit organization to address the multifaceted development challenges of the country. It acts as the anchor entity to solve endemic development challenges through grassroots action, research, community participation and stakeholder convergence.
AFC is looking for appointment to the position of Managing Director who would provide leadership and oversight across Organizational Planning, Business Development, Client Relationships, External Stakeholder Management, Knowledge Management, Human Capital Management, Organizational Development and Quality Assurance processes.
Designation: Managing Director, AFC India Ltd.
• Post Graduate degree in Agricultural Sciences / Economics / Social Sciences / Development Studies / Operations Research / Management from premier management institutions in India or International universities of repute with exceptional academic track record
• A minimum 20 years of managerial experience of which at least 5 years at a top management level with track record of leading large teams and implementing projects at scale with international NGOs, Consulting background with International development consulting firms and / or Multilateral agencies / Bilateral agencies (highly desirable)
Skills/ Competencies/ Credentials
o Ability to manage people across layers through direct and indirect supervision / oversight
o Ability to drive mission orientation, quality focus and results accountability through inspiration and leading by example
o Ability to think big and passionate to challenge the existing normal in organizational settings
• Organization Management
o Ability to manage multiple large projects and ensure accountability for results, relationships, quality, budgets, scale and impact
o Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement different work streams along with teams
o Exceptional writing skills and verbal communication abilities
• Organization Development
o Ability to nudge the organization culture towards inclusiveness, high performance, accountability and collegiality
o Ability to contribute to functional areas such as team building, mentoring / training of teams, quality assurance, building systems and processes etc.
• Sectoral Understanding
o Comes with deep understanding of social development sector with hands-on experience of managing / implementing transformative programs in agriculture value chain development, rural development, etc.
o Understanding / knowledge of the relevant policy landscape and regulatory environment in the focal sectors of agriculture, rural development and other strategic socio-economic domains
• Managing Complexity & Change
o Entrepreneurial mindset and self-directed / autonomous functioning professional who can lead the organization into its next phase of growth (highly desirable)
• Must not have attained the age of 58 years on 1st April 2021. Relaxation in Age limit upto 60 years can be considered in exceptionally suitable cases.
Period of tenure
• Initial appointment will be for a period of three years which is extendable for a further period as may be decided by the Board of Directors of AFC, based on performance benchmarks
• Pay & allowances will be in line with the companies of similar nature. Perquisites will be provided as per standard practices of the industry.
Posting: AFC Head Office, Mumbai / AFC Corporate Office, New Delhi
How To Apply
Application in the prescribed format available on the AFC’s website along with a recent passport size photograph pasted thereon, bearing full signature of the candidate across the same with date, should be sent through post or courier so as to reach The Chairman, AFC India Limited, Dhanraj Mahal, First Floor, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Marg, Mumbai 400 001. The envelope containing the application should bear the superscription “Application for the post of Managing Director of AFC India Limited”. Scanned copies of the Application in the prescribed format duly filled and signed should also be sent by e-mail to [email protected] Applications should be accompanied by self- attested copies of relevant certificate(s) / documents, in support of proof of identity, address, age, educational qualification, work experience, etc. as mentioned in the application form.
Last date of application: 30th June, 2021
Please visit our website : https://www.afcindia.org.in/documents/Advertisement-for-appointment-of-Managing-Director-website.pdf