Type of Job:
Technical Support and Coordination.
Technical Support in preparation of estimates, designing the watershed structures, pipeline grid layout & coordinating with partners
Odisha Millets Mission
Sundergarh and Keonjhar.
Programme Officer (Engineer)
Period of Contract:
Contract will be for a period of 2 year after initial probation period of 3 months. Contract will be renewed on annual basis based on performance.
Salary: Rs 25000 to Rs 30000 per month based on qualification and experience.
WASSAN (Watershed Support Services and Activities Network), Hyderabad since 1999. WASSAN is a network based organisation focusing on improving the quality of mainstream programs in natural resources management and livelihoods. Currently, WASSAN is partnering with Government of Odisha on Odisha Millets Mission in Sundergarh and Keonjhar Districts.
• The Project Officer will co-ordinate with NGOs, Community organisations and government officials in the villages of the project districts.
• The Project Officer will provide following support to Department/NGOs/CBOs
1. Technical Layout and Estimate Preparation for various irrigation/watershed structures/Buildings/Animal sheds/Farm ponds/pipeline irrigation systems, etc.
2. Execute and implement solar based irrigation projects.
3. Preparation of Water Security Plans, Crop Water Budgeting Plans, etc.
4. Timely completion of projects.
5. Training management, regular field visits and handholding support to NGOs wherever necessary
6. Reporting to team leader on daily project management – both organizational and substantive matters – budgeting, planning and general monitoring of the project.
7. Supporting the team leader in monthly review meetings with various stakeholders.
Desired Candidate Profile:
Subject Wise Criteria:
1. B Tech in Agriculture/Civil Engg/Watershed/Water Resources Planning) with at least 2 years of experience or Master’s Degree in Agriculture/ Civil Engineering/ Water Resources.
2. In case of Diploma candidates, a minimum experience required is 4 years.
3. Proven capacity to understand structure drawing and utilisation of autocad/staad pro softwares.
4. Proven experience in design and preparation of estimates for NRM projects/Watershed Structures/MGNREGA. Experience on working with government projects will be preferred.
5. Proven experience of preparation of training modules on construction of watershed structures.
6. Should have good understanding power requirements, motor installation, water requirement estimation for the projects.
7. Should have experience in supporting drafting of engineering works related tenders in government projects.
8. Should have good experience in measurement book keeping for the engineering projects
9. Good knowledge on pressurised irrigation systems will be preferred.
10. Must have very good knowledge of MS Excel, MS- Word, MS-PPT and other computer applications.
1. Must have good speaking and writing skills in English and Odiya. Knowledge of Hindi will be added advantage.
2. Must be willing to travel extensively in the district and outside district as per organisation requirements
3. Must be flexible with working hours.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must fill the google form with adequate information and attach updated CV and cover letter
| https://forms.gle/2frMvf4NZoLkLv7w7 |
WASSAN is an equal opportunity provider and encourage women professionals with the relevant experience to apply.
WASSAN retains all rights to reject applications without providing further information. WASSAN may or may not recruit the applicants for the job.
Last date for Application is May 12th 2021.