Roles and responsibilities of Project Manager
LAYA, established in 1989 is a Resource Centre working with the tribal communities since the past 3 decades. LAYA draws its experiences largely from initiatives at the grassroots. Over the years, LAYA has diversified its activities. Our initiatives aim to bring about holistic development of the communities that we relate to.
The project for which the candidates are being invited is to be executed in the Kunturla cluster, Paderu division (Tribal area) of Visakhapatnam district through collaboration with APPI (Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiative). The broad objectives of the project are: Farmer families adopting Natural Farming in the cultivable lands, increasing the yields of selected crops of farmers by following natural farming practices, farmers being able to protect their crops from the vagaries of climate change/ dry spells, sustainable management of water through irrigation projects, improvement in the nutritional level and health status of families in the cluster, FPOs and Marketing groups being strengthened and Community being able to access their Legal and Socio-Economic Entitlements.
Job Title: Project Manager
Roles and responsibilities:
- Project Management and Monitoring;
- Engaging with the Filed Assistants, Field Animators, Field and Project Coordinators, Natural framing consultant and others to execute the project;
- Engaging with government officials / agencies / line departments / APPI for the running and execution of project goals;
- Developing / Bringing out innovations in the agricultural / project sector to add value to the overall project goals;
- Professional report writing / documentation / preparing case studies.
Qualification and Experience:
- Candidate should have completed minimum Graduate Degree in agriculture/related discipline with an understanding of Social/Development Sector of Andhra Pradesh / Telangana;
- 10 years of professional experience in managing and monitoring projects in the social sector / agricultural sector;
- Professional Experience in writing and documentation;
- A passion for agriculture and its evolving realities;
- Self-driven personality with the ability to work independently;
- Knowledge of Telugu and English is mandatory (written and oral skills).
Commensurate with educational qualification and relevant work experience (the range of salary will be within Rs 35,000 to Rs 50,000 per month).
Last date to apply: 15th May 2021
Applications to be sent to: [email protected]