Mahila Abhivruddhi Society (APMAS)
Position: Project Manager – (Crop Husbandry) – FPOs
Location: Mandals or Districts of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana States
About MAS: Mahila Abhivruddhi Society (APMAS) is a national level technical resource organization working for the advancement of people’s institutions such as women self-help institutions, farmer institutions, and other community-based organizations that believe in and respect the spirit of self-help and keep it as a guiding principle. It works closely with the state governments and key stakeholders in the development sector towards achieving poverty reduction and socio-economic empowerment of the marginalized and the poor.
Overall Purpose of the Job: Plan and coordinate with the project team, FPO-CEO and BoDs for enhancing the production, productivity of the FPO members, provide agriculture extension services etc.
Key work deliverables
• Conduct baseline and related studies as necessary for the project / FPOs Collect and analyze crop data for the FPO members.
• Work on methods and approaches to enhance both agriculture production and productivity of the FPO members.
• Work on developing the commodity value chain approach for the FPOs. Conduct capacity building programs as and when required.
• Liaison with various stakeholders like KVKs, Agriculture extension officers, and other value chain players.
• Participate in donor visits, meetings and workshops to share the learning from the project
• Coordinate with Project Manager/ District Coordination and participate in the monthly meeting for review, planning, and effective implementation
• Prepare progress reports and plans (Monthly, Quarterly & Annual) for submission Prepare case studies and process documentation
• Work closely and report to APMAS FPO team
• Graduate in Agriculture from a recognized University.
• With five years of relevant work experience in the areas of crop production techniques, technology intervention and working with FPOs / Large Farmers’ Groups etc.
• Strong oral and written communication / negotiation skills in Telugu and English Ability to work independently to achieve performance objectives and deliverables Work in a team and promote team spirit and culture
Interested candidates may please apply on the ‘APMAS-HR recruitment page’ by clicking on http://apmas.in/apmas/hr or may visit APMAS vacancies page at http://www.apmas.org/vacancies.php
Note: APMAS is an equal opportunity employer. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other legally protected characteristics. All selections are on merit. Qualified women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.