World Agroforestry (ICRAF) South Asia Regional Program
Location: New Delhi, India
Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)- ONE
Location: New Delhi
Position is ONLY FOR INDIAN NATIONALS
How to Apply: Please send your application with cover letter, at least three references and CV to [email protected] with the reference number in subject line.
The World Agroforestry (ICRAF) is a non-profit global research organization that generates science-based knowledge about the diverse and important roles that trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. The Centre’s headquarter is in Nairobi, Kenya, and it researches in more than 30 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. ICRAF is a member of the Consortium of 15 independent agricultural research centres of CGIAR. To learn more, please visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
Brief job description: The incumbent based in ICRAF’s New Delhi, India office will closely but remotely work with a supervisor from Nairobi to collect, collate and document global/regional tree breeding resources which will be used to build a website to link different tree breeders across the globe and CIFOR-ICRAF operated regions. The incumbent will also study, map, and link patterns of global agricultural research funding with this.
Essential qualification: Master’s (M.Sc.) with specialization in genetics and/or plant breeding and/or forest tree breeding and/or Plant genetic resources or equivalent with preference for graduation in agriculture (B.Sc. agriculture).
Desirable: Technical knowledge, understanding and some experience of genebank and germplasm management, crop or tree breeding, good know-how of different traditional and modern crop/tree breeding tools & methods, data recording, good analytical capacity etc.
Terms of References:
1. To document and conduct survey of major tree crops across ICRAF’s major regional centres (India, Indonesia, China, Vietnam, Africa, Latin America etc.), and prepare repertoire of important tree crop resources, breeders, breeding tools, publications etc.
2. To tabulate and present the data in an easily accessible manner on a website.
3. To facilitate building species-specific network of breeders and scientists involved in each species.
4. Providing data and supervise designing such a website with all this info and networking partners.
5. Collect, study, and map national and international funding patterns for agricultural research to link with above.
6. Any other work related to the above descriptors.
Duration of the Contract: 1-year temporary position, mostly work on-line with occasional travel if needed.
Other knowledge and additional competences
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required.
• Enthusiastic to cooperate and work in multidisciplinary teams
• Willingness to work in an intercultural environment
• Willingness to undertake domestic travel to the project sites, if required subjected to the COVID19 situation
• Excellent computer skills: Analytical skills, MS-Office, Internet Explorer, MS-Outlook
Renumeration: The fellowship will be paid as per the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) norms. The current fellowship for JRF is Rs. 31,000 + HRA Rs.7,440 (24% in case of Delhi)/per month. Applicable taxes will be deducted as per Government of India norms, if any.
Last date of receiving applications: 05 December 2020
Application without cover and references will not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Job Email ID: [email protected]