Position Title: Project Manager
Locations: Patiala, Punjab
Duration of Appointment: The selected candidate shall be initially offered one year contract which may be extended subject to resources and the project’s continuity.
Organization / Program Information: A leading NGO of Central India to coordinate its CSR project aiming at integrated holistic development and strengthening community institutions (SHGs & federations) in selected village clusters in Districts of Punjab, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
Job description: The Project Manager will be responsible for overall management of the project. S/he has to coordinate project operations with NGO’s field implementation team as well as support agency’s coordination team.
• S/he will be responsible for operations, project management, project support and quality assurance, to ensure adequate provision of services, flow of information and the project’s compliance with its obligations
• Strengthening relationships with emerging stakeholders, especially third level institutions,
• S/he will provide regular updates and reports on progress in areas or responsibility
• S/he will guide, supervise and manage the staff at the field and build their capacities
• Travelling and staying at the project site among the community members will be a key part of the project work.
• Regular visit to project villages is must
• S/he shall keep regular contact with project experts to inform them about the project technical details and review the reports and other documents emanating from the other sources
• S/he will also provide technical support to the development, implementation and/or evaluation of the project activities in the focal area.
• Manage internal communications within the team.
Qualification & Experience:
• Applicants must be postgraduates in Rural or Forest Management, or have a Masters’ in Agriculture, Environmental Science, Ecological Science, Economics, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline.
• At least 3 – 8 years of relevant experience of handling CSR Project
• Experience of working with international organizations/externally aided projects
• Working experience with Panchayati Raj Institutions, governments and NGOs
• Experience of organizing and conducting workshops, meetings, etc.
• Grassroots experience of working with the rural poor in livelihoods based on Natural Resource Management is essential.
• Strong communication skill in English and Hindi. Knowledge of Punjabi Language is must.
• Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Power Point
Desired Profile and Skills:
• Ability to develop, monitor and implement Project plans
• Commitment to work, creative thinking and documentation skills
• Good interpersonal and team-working skills
• Good communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities
• High level of integrity and honesty
• Excellent listening skills, verbal and written communications skills.
• High standards of conduct sound work ethics and service delivery approach.
• Knowledge of regional language will be added advantage
Gross remuneration for the position is Rs. 35,000 – 40,000 per month depending on the experience
To apply, kindly e-mail your updated CV along with following details to [email protected] with the name of the position and location in the subject line. Please do provide the following details in tabular format. Incomplete applications will be rejected outright
• Permanent Address
• Mobile Number
• Email Id
• Working Location (Current/Last)
• Location Name
• Name of the Organisation (Current/Last)
• Duration (From Month/Year to Month/Year)
• Ever Worked in Punjab (Yes/No)
• Post-Graduation in
• Specify Degree
• Any other Degree (If any)
• Specify Degree
• Years of Experience in Project Management
• Computer Skill (Basic/Advance)
• Specify in case of advance computer skill
• Writing Skills of English Language (1 to 5 for competence, where 5 is the highest)
• Speaking Skills of English Language (1 to 5 for competence, where 5 is the highest)
• Writing Skills of Punjabi Language (1 to 5 for competence, where 5 is the highest)
• Speaking Skills of Punjabi Language (1 to 5 for competence, where 5 is the highest)
• Current Remuneration (Per Month)
• Expected Remuneration (Per Month)
The deadline for submission of application is 27 September 2020 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interaction.
No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.