National Rural Livelihood Promotion Society
National Rural Livelihoods Mission
Ministry of Rural Development
7th Floor, NDCC-II, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi-01
Vacancy in National Rural Livelihood Promotion Society
The Government of India has launched Aajeevika-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) under the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD). The mission aims at creating efficient and effective institutional platforms of the rural poor enabling them to increase household income through sustainable livelihoods and improved access to financial and public services. To implement the mission, GoI has constituted National Rural Livelihood Promotion Society (NRLPS) to provide Technical Assistance to all states. A multidisciplinary professional team, has been constituted in NRLPS. This team consists of senior professionals, experienced consultants and young professionals. The details about NRLM and its structure can be seen at www.aajeevika.in
In this light, NRLPS is identifying and placing suitable professionals in various thematic units. Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the positions National Mission Manager- Farm Livelihoods at NRLPS, New Delhi.
L1- Minimum Rs. 1, 20,000/- to 1, 60,810/- per month plus travel related reimbursable as per NRLPS norms
Educational qualifications and desired skillset required are provided below.
Educational qualification required
Key competences required
L1 National Mission Manager–
Master’s Degree or equivalent in Agriculture & allied fields. Graduation in agriculture & allied fields along with Post Graduation in Agri Business/Rural Management from Manage, IRMA, NIAM, IIM or any other nationally accredited institutions may also apply.
Minimum 15 years, of which s/he should have at least 5 years of experience at the senior management level and 5 years experience in the field level implementation of diversified livelihoods farm Initiatives.
Experience in livelihoods promotion for rural poor. Experience of working with state and national level large scale Poverty Reduction/Livelihoods programme will be given preference. Candidate with experience in enterprise promotion, business advisory services, forward and backword linkages would be given priority in the farm livelihoods for the farm livelihoods section.
S/he should have excellent knowledge and understanding about livelihoods opportunities for rural poor in farm sector and key strategies for promoting relevant interventions. Programme management skills would be required with experience counted in terms of ability to navigate procurement of partners, managing partnership with them and leading a dispersed team of experience professionals/experts, etc.
Job Description: –
Under the overall guidance of JS(RL), DAY NRLM:
- Plan and implement Farm Livelihoods interventions towards sustainable enhancement in livelihoods in general and farm-based livelihoods in particular
- Design frameworks for farm livelihood interventions specifically on agriculture, livestock, NTFP (Non Timber Forest Produce) and developing implementation plans for various interventions
- Develop strategies and support SRLMs to develop value chains for agriculture, livestock and NTFP commodities
- Support SRLMs in promoting producers’ collectives and producers’ enterprises.
- Ensure a continuous flow of TA (Technical Assistance) to SRLMs in preparing AAP (Annual Action Plan) for farm livelihood interventions
- Facilitate identification and sharing of best practices
- Support the SRLMs in training and capacity building (including developing training material) of staff, CRPs and community members.
- Review and report the progress and issues of the farm livelihood programs
- Develop communication material for livelihoods interventions
- Develop a network of support organizations to provide TA and CB (Capacity Building) to SRLMs
- Develop various systems and processes for smooth execution and monitoring of the program – guidelines, process documents, MIS tools
- Coordinate partnerships and convergence with various ministries, bilateral and multilateral agencies
- Engage in overall implementation of NRLM program and support in continuous improvement in the program delivery.
- Perform any other related tasks consistent with the level of the post and/ or assigned by the Lead, Farm Livelihoods, NRLM and CEO, NRLM.
Please note that the tenure of the position would be initially for 1 year on contract basis and extendable based on performance review. Please apply by furnishing the details in the prescribed format along with CV on e-mail- email@example.com. The last date for submission of application along with the CV is 18th July 2019,1700hrs. (IST).
Please note that application submitted without information in the prescribed format will not be considered.