Production & Operations Managementby Madan Mohan
- Operations Management includes all of these activities except
- Schedule work
- Secure financial resources
- Maintain Quality
- Manage inventories
Ans. Secure financial resources
- Which of the following is not included in “5Ps” of Operations Management
- The major difference between goods and services is:
- It is difficult to inventory services
- Services lack the profitability that goods enjoy
- Goods production usually requires more labor than services
- Goods are always customized, services are always standardized
Ans. It is difficult to inventory services
- Technology choices don’t have a major effect on:
- Employee turnover
Ans. Employee turnover
- Which of the following is not true about a lean production system?
- It puts emphasis on quality, flexibility, and time reduction.
- It puts emphasis on reducing a company’s labor force.
- It uses small production batch sizes.
- It uses safety stock to protect against uncertainty.
Ans. It uses safety stock to protect against uncertainty.
- Many factors impact productivity, one factor not generally stated as having a negative impact on productivity is:
- Government regulations
- Liability claims
- Increased emphasis on services
- Emphasis on short-term performance
Ans. Liability claims
- Which is the correct hierarchy of operations management decisions (highest first)?
- Operational, strategic, tactical
- Goals, missions, productivity
- Strategic, operational, tactical
- Strategic, tactical, operational
Ans. Strategic, tactical, operational
- Which of the following has least likely source of input for developing an operations strategy?
- Planning personnel
- Top Management
- Production personnel
- A measure of productivity which reflects a combination of some or all of the resources used to obtain a certain output is:
- Machine productivity
- Multi-factor productivity
- Materials productivity
- Overhead productivity
Ans. Multi-factor productivity
Comments are closed.