POSITION : Manager-Forward Linkage
LOCATION: Multiple locations in Jharkhand
REPORTS TO: Team Lead
JOB SUMMARY: ACCESS Development Services is a national livelihoods promotion organization with focus on incubating innovations and sustainable models for livelihoods promotion of the poor. To this end, ACCESS is structured uniquely to work at all levels of the value chain – implementing programmes on the ground(Tier-I), working with Civil Society organizations, Government Departments, Corporate sector, and Multilateral / Bilateral agencies(Tier II) as also undertaking a few national initiatives to influence and support policy initiatives and strengthening the enabling environment(Tier III).
The objective of the project is to support value chain development of agriculture produces particularly, in SRI, vegetable and fruits like banana etc
ACCESS is partnering as an implementation agency which will be promoting the Producer Groups/Producer Companies, development of business plan and market linkages.
Objectives of the Assignment:
a) Providing support in implementation of value chain development including identification of commodities, business plan development; market analysis; financial analysis, cost benefit analysis and facilitating preparation of detailed implementation report (DIR) etc.
b) Setting up a suitable institutional structure like formation, strengthening and capacity building support to office bearers of institutions like producer’s group, producer’s enterprise to enable implementation of the value chain development project.
c) To capacitate the community cadres, project and FPC staffs on PG, FPC and its intermediary institutions management.
d) To capacitate the community, community institution, community cadre, project and staff of institution of producer’s group, producer’s enterprise various facets of value chain approach on SRI, vegetable on organic farming and livestock etc.
e) To strengthen and enable producer’s group, producer’s enterprise including
to work effectively in the market system in unhindered manner.
f) Identifying key market players and helping the producer enterprises to build linkages with them for remunerative prices for producers with assured value added and bulk produce.
g) To create knowledge management materials like standardized module/ manual and package of practices and process protocol and its wider dissemination among all the stakeholders.
h) To create pool of enterprise led cadres acquainted with knowledge and skill related to Institution Development, Business Development Services, Value Chain Development, Institutional Financial and Market Access and Intelligence.
ACCESS is inviting applications from young, energetic and self-driven professionals for the Manager position. The position holder will be supporting the Team Leader, with primary responsibility for carrying out the interventions as per budget and timeline, oversee achievement of targets and impact indicators and guide the team on a day-to-day basis.
No. of Positions – 10
1. Candidate with experience in managing agriculture commodity supply chain in companies engaged in agribusiness, P&L handling experience in a corporate environment would be preferred.
2. Candidate with experience in enterprise promotion, business advisory services, forward and backward linkages for large agriculture based businesses would be given priority.
3. Should have handled procurement / marketing / supply chain for vertical of at least INR 2 crores turnover annually.
4. P&L handling experience for the vertical / business / product line.
5. Experience of starting a business / vertical within a corporate environment would be preferred.
6. Proven experience of leading professional staff and builds their initiative and enables them to function as members of efficient and effective teams.
7. Developed and managed partnerships in market side, supply side, better technologies.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
1. More than 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Work experience in value chain & FPOs will be given preference.
3. Should have experience in agri-business management at mid/senior level.
4. A person with result orientation and self-starter with clarity of thought will be preferred.
5. He should have experience with participatory extension approaches and farming system.
6. Thorough understanding of value chain of production, processing, storage and distribution with emphasis on market oriented production systems.
7. Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
8. Managed a team of at least 5 members
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION:
Undergraduate in Ag Science, Forestry, and /or PG in Rural Development/Rural Management/social sciences
Compensation: Salary range in this position is commensurate to industry standards and will be determined based upon the experiences and fixed as per the HR policies of the organization.
ACCESS is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified women to apply for job opening.
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV and cover letter addressing the above requirements to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Deadline to receive application 28th June 2019.