S M Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Program Leader (Maharashtra)
Location: Aurangabad City, Maharashtra
Program Leader will report to the Director, Governance and Policy Advocacy
- Oversee implementation of programs / projects in some districts of Maharashtra on themes namely agriculture, livelihood, water management, community leadership, digital literacy, youth leadership and strengthening panchayats.
- Supervise, guide and mentor Assistant Program Leaders, Agriculture Coordinators and Block Coordinators who are positioned in the field.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with government officers, community leaders in villages, grass roots organizations, NGOs, elected representatives at panchayat, district level and state level.
- Organize training programs for Assistant Program Leaders, Agriculture Coordinators Block Coordinators and community leaders to build capacity of team on various themes.
- Prepare narrative and financial reports on the projects. To prepare and update the format of quantitative reports and prepare the reports. To prepare project reports in Excel Sheet and MIS.
- Remain abreast on the government policies and programs.
- Prepare project proposals on agriculture, livelihood, water management, community leadership, digital literacy, youth leadership and strengthening panchayats for donors.
- Make proposal presentations to donors.
- Prepare reports on project outcome / impact to influence policy makers.
- Prepare information and communications materials pamphlets, banners, booklets and training manuals in Hindi and English on various project themes.
- Work for sustainability of projects i.e. current as well as past.
- Prepare the budget, financial reports and manage expenditure of the projects efficiently.
- Any other responsibility assigned by management as per requirement of organization.
- Good language skills (written and spoken) in English and Hindi, knowledge of Marathi is desirable
- Project Management and implementation
- Finance management and report writing
- Project development and proposal writing
- Collaboration and comfort in being a team player
- Computer literacy with standard software program
- Ability to work under pressure when needed to meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel extensively
Qualifications: B.E. (Civil Engineer) / M.Sc. (Agriculture) / Post Graduate in Social Work or Social Sciences from good university
Experience: At least 7 years of relevant work experience of project implementation in good organization in areas of agriculture development, Livelihood and Water Management
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are competitive within the non-profit sector. Sehgal Foundation fosters gender and social equity. Women and candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline for application: June 30, 2019
How to apply:
Please email your statement of purpose along with a CV, contact information of two references / supervisors and current salary level (CTC) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Subject Line
to be used – Program Leader, Governance and Policy Advocacy – Maharashtra
About S M Sehgal Foundation: “Sehgal Foundation” is a public, charitable trust registered in 1999 with the goal to see every person across rural India empowered to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. Sehgal Foundation’s key programs on water management, agricultural development, and good rural governance focus on gender equality and women’s empowerment.