Junior Research Fellow For International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) – ICRISAT (20 May 2019)by Madan Mohan
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Junior Research Fellow for IRRI to be based in Patancheru, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org. Responsibilities:
- Conduct GWAS and haplotype analysis.
- Develop breeding populations and marker assisted breeding for yield related traits in rice.
- Develop SSR/SNP assays for high throughput screening of breeding materials.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports and publications, annual planning and review meetings of the project.
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in Genetics/Plant breeding/Computational biology will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, adaptable to working in multicultural environment.
- Master degree in Plant breeding and Genetics/Biotechnology or related fields with NET.
- Experience in conducting next generation genomics data analysis.
- Proven technical skills to work in multi-cultural team.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer
Comments are closed.